Seated dance exercise to improve strength, balance & mobility, boosting mood, mind & general well-being.
Original routines exploring dances from all over Brazil. From carnival styles, such as Samba, Samba Reggae & Maractu, to social dance styles, such as Samba de Roda, Samba Rock & Forro, and dances from traditional Afro-Brazilian mythology.
Options for impact and intensity levels are offered so everyBody can take part.
This class is managed via ART BRASIL. Registration required before attending your first class.
Preparing the body for the main workout by raising the heart rate, mobilising the joints, warming and stretching the muscles.
Easy seated routines using independent and combined upper and lower body movements. Lots of options and adaptations offers for all levels of mobility.
COOL DOWN & STRETCH
Breathing to aid relaxation and gentle stretches to thank the muscles for their hard work.
GET READY, GET SET, GO!
WHAT TO WEAR
- Wear comfortable clothes that you feel good in (and that don't restrict your movement).
- As the windows will be open for ventilation, you may want a warmer layer for the start and finish.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring water with you.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- These classes are for all levels of mobility, with lots of options and adaptations give.
- It's about getting the body moving and having fun, there's no right and wrong.
- Move as much, or as little, as feels good for your body and how you’re feeling.
- Go at your own pace and take a break whenever you need to.
I really do enjoy the dances and the music. It's also good to get out and meet with other people, it helps not only in mind but also in body, keeping it supple. I also enjoy learning about the different dance styles, the origins and mythology of the dances.