CHAIR BASED BOOGIE
Seated dance exercise to improve strength, balance & mobility, boosting mood, mind & general well-being.
A twist on the national Chair Based Exercise programme, taking all the exercises and mixing them up in easy-to-follow dance routines. We dance to popular music from all eras, including rock and roll, motown, disco, funk, pop and more!
Options and adaptations offered for all levels of mobility so everyone can take part at their own level.
Private sessions for care homes, assisted living facilities and supported accommodation schemes also available.
Penkhull Village Hall
St Wulstan's Community Centre
Beechwood May Bank
Doors open 15 mins before class
£3 pay on the door
Registration required before first class
This class is taught by Mika for ART BRASIL
Preparing the body by raising the heart rate, mobilising the joints, warming and gently stretching the muscles.
Easy seated routines using independent and combined upper and lower body movements. Lots of options and adaptations offers for all levels of mobility.
Breathing to aid relaxation and gentle stretches to thank the muscles for their hard work.
GET READY, GET SET, GO!
WHAT TO WEAR
- Wear comfortable clothes that you feel good in (and that don't restrict your movement).
- As the windows will be open for ventilation, you may want a warmer layer for the start and finish.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring water with you.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- These classes are for all levels of mobility, with lots of options and adaptations give.
- It's about getting the body moving and having fun, there's no right and wrong.
- Move as much, or as little, as feels good for your body and how you’re feeling.
- Go at your own pace and take a break whenever you need to.
It's an excellent class. Mika makes it fun to exercise to music, with lots of fun and laughter, very beneficial!