Get moving & grooving to great tunes and sweat it out with a smile!
Easy-to-follow original routines combining dance steps with exercises for a great cardio and toning workout.
For extra strength and toning you can choose to dance some songs with 0.5kg shaky hand weights.
Options for impact and intensity levels are offered so everyBody can take part.
Wye Road Community Centre
2 to 3 tracks to prepare the body for the main workout by raising the heart rate, mobilising the joints, warming and stretching the muscles.
8 to 10 dances using set choreographies with a variety of steps/exercises.
Options given for impact and intensity levels.
COOL DOWN & STRETCH
An easy dance to bring down the heart rate, followed by long stretches to develop flexibility.
GET READY, GET SET, GO!
WHAT TO WEAR
- Wear comfortable clothes that you feel good in (and that don't restrict your movement).
- As the windows will be open for ventilation, you may want a warmer layer for the start and finish.
- Wear trainers.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring water with you.
- You may wish to bring a small towel - you will sweat.
- Shaker weights are provided but if you would like to bring your own, that's fine!
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- These classes are for all levels of experience and fitness - we're all in it together,
- If you go the wrong way, do the wrong move, or miss a beat it doesn't matter, no one cares!
- Move as much, or as little, as feels good for your body and how you’re feeling.
- Go at your own pace and take a break whenever you need to.
I love the energy of this class; it's a full-on happy dance workout to top tunes with lots of great stretching too... absolutely superb for body, mind & soul!