The alternative sibling to my Dance Workout - drum and sweat it out to heavy guitars and banging beats!
DRUM WORKOUT is a mix of cardio, strength and toning for a full body workout.
Choreographed to ROCK & ALTERNATIVE music, we turn the lights down low and work out using drumsticks on illuminated DRUMS.
Options for impact and intensity levels are offered so everyBody can take part.
FIRST SATURDAY 10:30-11:30
King St Studios
Warm up tracks to prepare the body for the main workout by raising the heart rate, mobilising the joints, warming and stretching the muscles.
8 to 10 tracks using set choreographies with a variety of steps/exercises.
Options given for impact and intensity levels.
COOL DOWN & STRETCH
An easy track to bring down the heart rate, and stretches to develop flexibility.
GET READY, GET SET, GO!
WHAT TO WEAR
- Wear comfortable clothes that you feel good in (and that don't restrict your movement).
- As the windows will be open for ventilation, you may want a warmer layer for the start and finish.
- Wear trainers.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring water with you.
- You may wish to bring a small towel - you will sweat!
- Drums and drum sticks provided.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- These classes are for all levels of experience and fitness - we're all in it together,
- If you go the wrong way, do the wrong move, or miss a beat it doesn't matter, no one cares!
- Move as much, or as little, as feels good for your body and how you’re feeling.
- Go at your own pace and take a break whenever you need to.
A unique workout that challenges body and mind in a wonderfully energising combo of drum rhythms and exercise