Punch, kick and smash drumsticks to classic and modern rock tunes!
A stress busting therapy for body and mind. RockBox is a full body interval training workout with a difference, combining boxing cardio and drumsticks toning.
Options for impact and intensity levels are offered so everyone feels empowered.
A healthy & safe release of aggression that has a huge impact on our mental health. We come together to let off steam & feel like rockstars!
Wye Road Community Centre
Preparing the body for the main workout by raising the heart rate, mobilising the joints, warming and stretching the muscles.
Easy routines alternating between boxing cardio and toning with drumsticks tracks.
Features include a 'Therapy' boxing track in the second half for a healthy release of aggression, and 'Empty the Tank' at the end for core/abs toning (on the floor or seated).
Options given for impact and intensity levels.
Full body stretches to thank the muscles for their hard work.
GET READY, GET SET, GO!
WHAT TO WEAR
- Wear comfortable clothes that you feel good in (and that don't restrict your movement).
- As the windows will be open for ventilation, you may want a warmer layer for the start and finish.
- Wear trainers.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring water with you.
- You may wish to bring a small towel - you will sweat.
- Drum sticks are provided but if you would like to bring your own, that's fine!
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- These classes are for all levels of experience and fitness - we're all in it together,
- If you go the wrong way, do the wrong move, or miss a beat it doesn't matter, no one cares!
- Move as much, or as little, as feels good for your body and how you’re feeling.
- Go at your own pace and take a break whenever you need to.
I had never enjoyed an exercise class before...until I tried ROCKBOX!