Get working out with a smile on your face and a wiggle in your hips!
Original routines exploring dances from all over Brazil. From carnival styles (inc Samba, Samba Reggae, Frevo & Maractu), to social dance styles (inc Coco, Samba de Roda, Samba Rock & Forro), to modern club dances (inc Axé & Funk)
Options for impact and intensity levels are offered so everyBody can take part.
Penkhull Village Hall
2 tracks to prepare the body for the main workout by raising the heart rate, mobilising the joints, warming and stretching the muscles.
6 to 8 dances using original choreographies to traditional and modern Brazilian styles. Options given for impact and intensity levels.
COOL DOWN & STRETCH
An easy dance to bring down the heart rate, with stretches to develop flexibility.
GET READY, GET SET, GO!
WHAT TO WEAR
- Wear comfortable clothes that you feel good in (and that don't restrict your movement).
- As the windows will be open for ventilation, you may want a warmer layer for the start and finish.
- Wear trainers.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring water with you.
- You may wish to bring a small towel - you will sweat.
- Shaker weights are provided but if you would like to bring your own, that's fine!
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- These classes are for all levels of experience and fitness - we're all in it together,
- If you go the wrong way, do the wrong move, or miss a beat it doesn't matter, no one cares!
- Move as much, or as little, as feels good for your body and how you’re feeling.
- Go at your own pace and take a break whenever you need to.
I'd never done any group exercise before I tried Brazilian Dance with Mika and I love it! It's such good exercise and we learn so much, you can really get into the character of the different dance styles. I always come away feeling great!